September 14, 2013

Even the Best Fall Down Sometimes




This look is darker and more edgy than my usual posts, and showcases a different facet of my style. It's also the first look that has been shot using my new Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF-G lens, which I absolutely adore. The lens is just so sharp, so affordable, and creates a beautiful and effortless background bokeh that I think adds a touch of beauty to every look.

I paired this lovely grey and black ombré sweater, purchased at Canadian contemporary clothing store Oak and Fort (http://www.oakandfort.com/), with a pair of skinny black trousers and gladiator sandals from Zara. Let me just say that I am in love with these gladiators, which I managed to pick up during the Zara seasonal sale. I have worn them all summer, and they still look and feel great. Accessory wise, I chose to put on my Ray-Ban wayfarers, a fashion classic, as well as a cool necklace from Romwe. On my arms, I am donning a bracelet from Topman, and a ring from Oak and Fort as well.

I am super happy with how my outfit turned out; every piece seems to fit together to create a super sleek and cool end of summer look! I also decided on a change of scenery. Instead of shooting in the field behind my house, I thought it would be a good idea to try shooting the balcony in front of my house, which has literally been unused for 19 years. I'm super happy with how the backgroud bokeh of the neightbourhood turned out, and how clear my outfit appears in contrast. Until next week!~

No comments:

Post a Comment